1. Pattern If - Clause , Main Clause
Main Clause if - clause
2. 5 Type of Conditional Sentence
1. Fact:If we put sugar into the water , it dissolve
2. Future Possible:If it rain , I won't go out.
3. Present Unreal:If I were you , I would kill him.
4. Past Unreal:If he had driven carefully , he wouldn't have had an accident
5. Mixed 4 + 3:If I had eaten my breakfast this morning , I wouldn't behungry now.
3. How to omit "If"
: If it rains ,
Should it rain ,
: If I were you
Were I you ,
: If I taught math
Were I to teach math ,
: If he had driven
Had he driven ,4. Unless = If - not
: If it doesn't rain ,
Unless it rains ,
: If I didn't work here,
Unless I worked here ,
: If I hadn't met her,
Unless I had met her ,5. If= Providing (that) , provided (that)
= supposing (that) , suppose (that)
= on condition that
= if only
= only if